On behalf of the USA Finn Association (USAFA) I wanted to thank you for your continued support of our organization. We hit some record numbers in 2019, with over 90 members, and over 30 boats on the starting line at USA National and North American Championships.
A quick recap of 2019:
- we finally started printing and mailing of the Solo semiannual newsletter
- we increased our Facebook page fan base by over 30%
- we started releasing official rankings through finnusa.org
- our website looks better than ever and has a constant feed update
- we released two new programs that will hopefully help to increase participation in regattas (boat loaner program and travel grant program)
Plans for 2020:
- increase participation rates in major regattas
- increase the number of smaller Finn regattas across the U.S.
- complete the process of reestablishing 501(c)3 and setting all the documents in order to comply with current laws and regulations
- have an officially certified IFA measurer in U.S.
- continue the release of the Solo newsletter and improve the quality of the content
- reelection of all the officers during USA National Championship in Corpus Christi
Class initiatives success and class growth depend on your financial support! Please pay your dues in a timely manner through http://www.finnusa.org/join-the-class/
Sail numbers expiration dates and membership status can be found at http://www.finnusa.org/usafa-documents/
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. Looking forward to seeing you on the race course!